This page details a formal Lunaria Story Wiki policy which governs one or more aspects of the wiki and its community. Policies are established and maintained by administrators on the behalf of the community. To learn how to propose changes to Lunaria Story Wiki policies, please see LS Wiki:Policy#Proposing policy changes.
Basic summary of this policy: Blocks may be issued to deconstructive or vandalous editors. If you feel you have been unfairly blocked, you can appeal your block by contacting the person who blocked you.
|Warning:||Ban evasion is the practice of using multiple accounts to intentionally get around a block or ban. It is demonstrative of poor conduct and may result in an indefinite block, so do not do it.|
- Chat bans are logged at http://lunaria-story.wikia.com/wiki/Special:Log?type=chatban
Chat bans may be issued by Lunaria Story Wiki chat moderators, although administrators also have the ability to moderate chat. Chat bans prevent a user from entering the chat room — though they are not blocked from editing the wiki — and are typically given for one or more of the following reasons:
- Posting pornography or inappropriate content
- Spamming, trolling, flaming, etc
- Eliciting personal information from other users
- Constantly entering/exiting the chat room (sometimes this results from a bad internet connection)
- Failing to heed warnings issued by a chat moderator or administrator
- Blocks are logged at http://lunaria-story.wikia.com/wiki/Special:Log?type=block
While blocked, a user or IP cannot edit the wiki nor enter the chat room. Blocks can only be issued by administrators of the Lunaria Story Wiki. In rare cases — usually related to cross-wiki vandalism — users or IPs may also be blocked by VSTF or Wikia Staff.
Temporary blocks are blocks that last for a fixed duration and will eventually expire. These blocks usually last somewhere between a few days and a couple of weeks. They are typically given for one or more of the following reasons:
- Vandalizing the wiki or intentionally seeking to cause harm
- Being generally disruptive in the community
- Being uncivil or overly aggressive, trolling, flaming, etc.
- Intentionally dodging the abuse filter.
- Spamming external links or advertising
- Failing to adhere to Lunaria Story Wiki policies (usually after receiving a notice or warning)
- Failing to heed warnings issued by an administrator
Indefinite blocks are blocks that do not have a fixed duration, they might last forever. These are used sparingly in more extreme circumstances and are not necessarily permanent. With patience and peaceful discussion, they can be lifted just like temporary blocks. Indefinite blocks are typically given for one or more of the following reasons:
- Vulgar or inappropriate username (ban will not be lifted until or unless the user makes a new account or the account is renamed via Special:Contact/rename-account)
- Ban evasion: using multiple accounts to get around a block
- Violating multiple Lunaria Story Wiki policies after receiving a final warning
How to appeal a block or chat banEdit
|Warning:||Do not use a different account or IP when appealing a block. This may be interpreted as ban evasion. Be polite and courteous: ask, don't demand. If they say no, wait out your block patiently or appeal to a different administrator, don't harass someone by asking over and over again.|
If you feel you have been banned/blocked unfairly, you may appeal your block to try to get it lifted. To appeal a chat ban or block, follow these steps:
Find out why you were banned/blocked. Here's a few ways you might do this:
- Go to your contributions page and read the notice there
- You may see a notice on any article you try to comment on
- Use Special:Log (specifically, the chat ban log and block log) to find your entry
Find out who banned/blocked you. The notice in step 1. will tell you the name of the chat moderator or administrator who blocked you. (If you're still not sure who it was, you can contact any administrator listed at Special:Listusers/sysop and they can redirect you to the right person.)
Contact the person who banned/blocked you. Here's a few ways you might do this:
- If you're only banned from chat, you can still edit the wiki. Simply leave a message on the talk page of the person who banned you from chat
- Have a friend leave a message on the chat moderator or administrator's talk page
- Find the chat moderator or administrator on Community Central and leave them a message there
- If you're able to edit your own talk page, you can appeal there
- You might be able to email the chat moderator or administrator. For example, if User:Bob blocked you, and Bob has email preferences set up, you can email him using Special:Emailuser/Bob
- If you're still not sure what to do, use either Special:Contact/blocked or write an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you do this, Wikia staff may be able to help you